Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Damaged Head Disk Assembly

Backup your hard drives folks. Cathy's iMac's hard drive gave up the ghost last week and we've been going nuts trying to recover the data on it (mainly her photos and music). Had a MacMaster try all sorts of software solutions and he even pulled the thing to see if it would mount on another Mac. None of that worked so we enlisted the services of a data recovery company to see what they could salvage. We'll see how that pans out.

I'm not sure why I didn't backup her data. I got screwed over a couple times so I always backup my important/irreplaceable content on two separate drives. I guess I had a lot of confidence in Macs but a hard drive is a hard drive no matter what computer it's in. Anyway, backup your shit since it could - correction, it will save you a ton of grief in the future.


Damaged head disk assembly. Corrupted firmware. Busted Seagate.

No comments: