Saturday, May 16, 2009

Busse Woods

With spring here, the rain is here too, and everything is suddenly green. A couple weeks ago I was in the burbs with a couple hours to kill so I took a walk in the Busse Woods.


It was my first time there but it's pretty typical of most of the forest preserves around here. It's got a paved path which is suitable for pretty much everything - although I suppose the trade off is that it's kind of boring. No trail running here and I wouldn't bother bringing my mountain bike either. Some portions ran through prairie areas but most of it was straight through the forest (at the time the leaves weren't 100% out yet, but I bet there's a dense canopy by now).


One legged robin on a rusty fence. That could be a good band name.


Mallard doing a head dunk. And that could be a good album title.


I think there was some fundraiser walk on a couple miles of the path. All I really know is that there was a dude dressed as a lion with an afro cheering them on.

On a completely unrelated note, that day was also my first time to an Ikea. That place is funny. While I was there, I bought some shit for our balcony, ate some Swedish meatballs, and drank my first black currant soda.

No comments: