Friday, June 19, 2009

Kettle Moraine, 2 of 2

Some more from Kettle Moraine. After our morning dayhike, Ben, Christine, and Leah joined us. Did I mention I have to fix my tent? Right before we left for the trip, I discovered that the shock cords on my two-person tent had pretty much turned into some mysterious goo. I guess that's what happens when you don't use the thing for 4 years straight (I've been using bivouacs and my solo tents instead).


It was Leah's first time camping too.


The clouds and rain cleared up by noon and we all went on another hike. The conditions were pretty much perfect by then.


Leah enjoyed the hike, although she mainly just took turns getting rides from everyone.


Steaks for dinner.


And a whole bunch of other shit, including some beans, rice, ravioli, gimbap (Korean style futomaki)...


...and of course some more great brews.


Made a nice fire that night too. Lots of burnt marshmallows were had.

All in all, a nice little trip out of the city. As my brother implied in my last post's comments, the women's camp lavatory was pretty horrific. Despite this, Cathy had a great time - I think we'll be doing this more.

No comments: