Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post-AZ Post 2 of 2

Here are a couple more from the trip:


Like I said, I went back to Camelback the next day, except this time with Cathy, Bernice, and Dave. I swear I did other shit besides go up and down this thing, but it's really the only time I was taking photos during the trip.


Dave, Bernice, Cathy. We went about 1/4 of the distance I went the first time. It was about the right distance since the girls were pretty tired by the time we got back down. I was pretty impressed by them though since the trail was pretty strenuous and it was really freaking hot.


Even though it goes much higher, the views were still great from where they got to. The clearer weather helped too.


This one is part of the view from the very top when I went by myself. The best part about it was that you literally had a 360 degree view up there. Even though it's not that high up compared to some other places, you can still see quite a bit and the land detail is pretty difficult to distinguish at this point.


Apparently the golf courses out there are nice, whatever that means. Honestly, I think it's kind of a waste. I mean, it's in the middle of a desert. You have 200+ acres of water intensive land in the middle of the Sonoran Desert being used purely for recreation. That just seems silly.


A lot of places with outdoor seating had misters to help cool you off. Kind of a waste maybe, but it does get a wee bit hot out there. Then again, after a bit of thought it's probably more efficient than air conditioning.

Anyway, not sure when I'd go back (unless we all get a free hotel room again), but I had a great time.

No comments: