Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting Ready

So I've spent the last two weeks getting ready to go backpacking up at Pictured Rocks with Nickbot. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a good time. There isn't much planning involved since the park consists of essentially one long trail running along the lakeshore, but obviously I still do my routine gear check/maintenance (which is pretty fun). This time, among other things, I've patched up my old Therm-a-rest (the one I didn't lose down the Colorado River), repaired my aging two-man tent, re-ironed the DWR on my rain paints, loaded campsite coordinates on my GPS, and polished my titanium spoons. I'm excited.


Scan of a 35mm taken with an OM-4. Me, a North Manitou Island beach, around 2006? I guess I was feeling nostalgic that year since I used film, although I have since misplaced the original negative and given away the camera. Ah well.

No comments: