Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Disc Golf

Cathy and I played disc golf last weekend. I haven't played in years. I used to play a lot in high school when I had lots of time and was generally up to no good. Anyway, it was a short but fun course, and it was a nice walk through the woods.


Aw yeah.


Basically, you throw a frisbee from a pre-determined location...


...and try to get it into this funny looking basket, as Cathy is so expertly demonstrating here.


Sometimes you have water hazards, other times you have train hazards (yes, that's a freight train in the background).


After playing a super mega intense round of disc golf, we went and got food at one of my favorite Thai restaurants. Here is Cathy contemplating the day's super mega intense round of disc golf while waiting for our food.


Green curry. Whenever I go to a Thai restaurant for the first time, I always order the green curry and then judge the quality of the restaurant solely off that one dish. It's my Thai restaurant quality litmus test.

5 comments:

Eucalyptusgal said...

She looks like a pro!

On a separate note, that is one awesome camera. The quality of the photos are awesome.

I'm tempted to save up for one now.

albot said...

My camera is nice, but it only makes my photos bigger, not better. I've said it before, the camera doesn't matter as much as you think. I think Ansel Adams is the one who said that "the single most important component of a camera is the 12 inches behind it." ;)

But if you have any questions about cameras or photography, let me know! I'm no pro, but I know some shit.

Anonymous said...

Yes frolfing!

and truth on the photog! i like to say that expensive drums don't make a good drummer.

then again Ansel used film and didnt have the benefit of machinegunning his camera and pick the best from the litter (i'm guilty). still i was framing n selling pics from my p&s long before i moved up to slr

albot said...

True, and I'm guilty too on occasion. Spoiled by digital. And it is true there are some shots I'd never be able to get without a telephoto lens...

Still, Wes is an example of how a skilled photographer can take good pics with a shitty camera. And I'm a good example of how a mediocre photographer still takes mediocre pics even with a great camera.

Eucalyptusgal said...

I'm going to experiment with my crappy Canon and will let you know!