Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dirty Glass and Tuna

Well I got my broken glass I sent in for repair. The autofocus motor works but I found two big specks on the inside of the front lens element. Thankfully it's not a big deal due to the nature of these things: I once saw acceptable photos taken with a shattered lens that was literally glued back together.

Anyway, took some shots of dinner I made last night to test it out:


It's ridiculously raw, but that's the idea.


Seared ahi tuna with a sweet wasabi sauce. Uh I smashed the tuna a bit while cutting it so it looks a bit mangled - but whatever it was still tasty.

Try to eat seafood responsibly and safely. Check out Seafood Watch by the Monterey Bay Aquarium here. They publish lists of seafood that you should avoid due to overfishing or environmental impact reasons, as well as alternatives. They also identify fish to eat in moderation for health reasons (like fish with elevated levels of mercury).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm.mmm. good...