Monday, February 8, 2010

Butter

More food! As delicious as it is, I generally substitute out butter when I cook. I can get away with it because cooking usually doesn't require strict adherence to any given recipe. However, baking is more like chemistry, requiring a bit more consistency. I mean you can't just take butter out of a cookie recipe. Anyway, Cathy does a lot of baking. And baking requires a lot of butter.


And this is 25 pounds of butter, which is only about 1/3 of what we actually have on hand right now. I find the sheer volume of it humorous (at least in the context of a two person household), which is why I'm sharing this with you. That is all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this somehow reminds me of fight club and soap.

are you sure that butter is made from cow fat?

Thechairman said...

That someone has that much butter is either scary or inspiring. I don't know which.