Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MI and FL

Ah finally, the scurrying around is done (for now). The past two weeks involved a family get-together in Michigan, a stimulating work conference downstate, a wedding in Florida, and another wedding in Chicago. I'm ready to do nothing for a couple days.


Eric and Seigo, walking back from Pine Lake on a nice Autumn day. My immediate family resides in three different states, so it's rare that we can all see each other at once. Eric/Rie/Seigo were in Michigan for various reasons, en route to Japan, so Cathy and I hustled on over for a quick reunion. It was a good time, as usual.


Shortly after MI, Cathy and I flew down to Florida for Rachel's wedding. Specifically, we went to Amelia Island, part of the chain of the Sea Islands. View from our hotel balcony. We only had a couple days there since we had another wedding back in Chicago, but it was still great fun. It was a bit hectic at first since Cathy was finishing the wedding cake. Yes, she made Rachel's wedding cake, components of which we carefully transported all the way from Chicago. The cake? It was a fondant covered vanilla bean cake with Nutella buttercream frosting (I failed to get a good photo of it, sorry).


They had a cigar roller at the reception. I've never seen this at a wedding, and although I'm not much of a cigar guy, I thought it was a nice touch. I didn't have my camera with me so I took this with my phone. First phone photo I've posted.


Also taken with my phone, the immediate view from the reception area. It's of the salt marsh on the west side of the island as the sun set. Really nice. With this kind of natural beauty, it's hard to take a bad photo even with a crappy phone camera.

Alright, that does it. I now look forward to a week or two of my normal routine. Sweet, sweet, normal routine.

No comments: