Monday, February 25, 2008

Navy Pier Sunrise

This past Saturday, I woke up at around 5 am, and headed out to Navy Pier to catch a sunrise. Dusk and dawn are two of the best times to take photographs of pretty much anything, as the lighting is ideal. It was my first time walking around the Loop that early in the morning, and it has never felt more empty - I like it a lot. I also felt like I was going to get mugged with every step I took.

Unfortunately, it was windy that morning, and that introduced excessive blur in most of my photos. Even the ones I did keep weren't that great, but oh well:


Cathy commented that it looks like there's a big fire off to the right, and yeah, it does look like that. It's actually the street lights from the city.


About 5 minutes after the first picture, but to the north a bit. The orange glow is from the sun in this one.

No comments: