Saturday, February 16, 2008

Seagull on the Rocks

I took a random drive around the city today, and found myself down by the lake. Next thing I knew, I was deciding that taking a frigid walk along the lake would be a great idea.

As I was walking toward the lake, I saw a beaver in a puddle water chewing on a tree branch. What was odd about this (besides the very existence of a beaver in the city) was that he was about two feet from the sidewalk, and didn't seem to mind the couple of people that passed by and stared at him, including me. I should have taken a picture, but the fact that he was sitting in what looked like road runoff and was surrounded by trash was just too depressing for me to want to memorialize.

It was pretty quiet for once on the beaches, except for some people walking their dogs. Huge portions of the lake by the shore were completely frozen over, and you could hear the sheets of ice cracking and grinding themselves to pieces.


I also found a seagull, standing on some ice. He looked pretty miserable.


I also decided to try to photograph seagulls in flight today. It was a pain in the ass. And not because of the flight itself but mainly because seagulls like to sit very still when it is cold out.

No comments: