Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dead Trees and Dad Walking Dogs

I'm against using real pine trees as Christmas trees (we use a fake one that Cathy has been using for years), but if you do, the least you can do is recycle them:


There was a tree recycling drop off site down the street. I've never seen someone so happy to see so many dead trees.

Two more old photos: my dad and the dogs taking walk. They are from the past Thanksgiving, and I posted one from the walk in this previous post. They are all pretty much the same thing, but I still like them:


Riverwalking. One nice thing about having a dog is that you are forced to take walks on a daily basis. Taking time to think and explore your surroundings is always a good thing.


Checking out the Chicago River. Knowledge: During the early 1900's, Chicago actually reversed the flow of the river so that it flowed away from Lake Michigan instead of into it. I think it was to protect Chicago's source of fresh water. I also read somewhere that during colder seasons, only the surface of the river flows away from the lake and that at deeper depths, the river still flows into Lake Michigan.

No comments: