Monday, November 2, 2009

Honeymoon Summary, Part 1

I took a lot of photos in order to document our honeymoon. I think I'll be making an actual printed album with around 500 photos but I'm just going to post a small fraction of them here. I'll show you the rest when you come visit me.

Anyway, nearly immediately after getting hitched, Cathy and I fled the country.


Seoul was about 7,000 miles away so we had some time to kill. I liked our flight with Korean Air: I read a book about cod, I was served a surprisingly delicious bibimbap lunch, I was given a "refreshing towel" which claimed to have a "sterilizing effect," and I drank several glasses of wine from a inverted truncated plastic cone. Drinking at Mach .75 never felt so good.


After arriving in Seoul, the first step was to obtain currency with lots of zeros and a Korean dude on it. After accomplishing that, we went for a walk.


I immediately became illiterate.


We then found an old lady neatly arranging dead fish.


Shortly thereafter, we found a different old lady neatly arranging vegetables. I would say that so far this has been just your typical honeymoon.


Later that night we got some shabu-shabu with two of Cathy's aunts. However, the next day we had to fly to Ulsan, located in southeast South Korea, to visit another aunt. That will make it two days in Korea and I will have met three aunts, three uncles.


I knew this was orange flavored because it said so on the can in Korean.

Next post, Ulsan.

No comments: