Friday, July 18, 2008

Plans Change...

Well I just got back from the Porcupine Mountains.

Plans always change. Originally, I was to spend five days there, I ended up spending three. It was mainly because I kept waking up early. I'd get out of my tent at five in the morning, and I was hitting the trail by six. I'd get to my next planned campsite so early that I just decided to keep moving.

It stormed all three days and they were crazy. The first night, the rain was hitting the ground so hard that chunks of mud were literally getting thrown at my tent and it was hard to fall asleep hearing the deafening thunder. Luckily, it never came down really hard while I was actually hiking, so I always had shelter.

Despite it being a very short hike, I hit everything that I wanted to, I worked out some kinks in my new hiking system, and now I have a couple extra days of vacation. I can live with that. I have a couple pictures (though not too many due to the inclement weather) that I will be post as soon as I go through them, plus some accompanying stories. I've already used a couple photos to make some new "Albert Lee" banners, so you might see one or two scenes from the trip up top.

Until then:


A hole. A while ago, we figured out we could climb up to the roof of our building.


There is some weird shit up there. Not sure if this is for tv, weather, or spying on Russians.


Hey, buildings from the Jetsons.


Our building is sandwiched between Avondale (shown here) and Roscoe Village. You get a nice view of the sunset up here.

No comments: