Monday, July 21, 2008

Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, Pt. 2

I woke up bright and early the next morning and was surprised to find that it was sunny and warm outside. I left as soon as I could to take advantage of that. The bulk of the day's hiking involved a trail that went around Miscowabic Peak and then towards Lake Superior.


The trail generally followed the Big Carp River. Although in some places you had to cross the river by walking right through it, other crossings had some nice bridges.


Little rapids on a branch off from the main river.


Pile of fur.

Something's undercoat...
Anyway, it was a nice hike though the woods, and I set up camp where the trail and river eventually ran out into Lake Superior. I spent the rest of the day eating, resting, collecting firewood, and exploring.


Lake Superior campsite about 15 feet from the water. Amenities included a windbreak for my tent, a firepit (which was a nice surprise), and a bear pole. It all felt very luxurious.


I ate dinner by the lake, and watched some foreboding clouds move in.

No comments: