Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dad's Birthday Dinner

Michigan was good times, as usual. Friday was my Dad's birthday and we had Dungeness crab for dinner. Crazy delicious, but hard as hell to eat. From my corner of the table, you could hear snarling, growling, crab joint snapping, shell breaking, and grunts of frustration.


My Mom brought a couple Dungeness crabs back home after work.


This is a Dungeness crab.


Naturally, my Dad was quite pleased to see them.


My Mom and Cathy couldn't watch my Dad prepare them, which consisted of tearing them apart one leg at a time. I admit, I was a little sad to see them still trying to wiggle around despite having all their legs removed.


But my Mom was brave enough to cook the crabs for us.


After dinner, my lovely girlfriend Cathy was kind enough to prepare a Korean pear for us. Good stuff. Gooood stuff.


Then we spent the rest of the night playing Mah Jong. Yes, I'm serious. I ended up winning one out of the ten games we played.

The dogs had a great time too. My Dad walked them constantly, so they were pretty worn out all weekend. Quentin took a lot of naps.


See?


He didn't even have the strength to attempt to squirm away from Cathy's love hug like he usually does.

No comments: